Beyond Borders invites applications from Ph.D. For students around the world studying borders and border phenomena in different regions of the world.
Beyond borders Supports research on borders and boundaries, past and present. It promotes interdisciplinary exchange in the social sciences and humanities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin, Hamburg Germany
Host Institution(s): Accredited Universities in Germany
Scholarship Worth: Funding
Number of Awards: Many
Level of Study: Ph.D
nationality: International students
You may like: University of Melbourne Engineering and IT Foundation Graduate Scholarship 2023
Scholarships Beyond Borders | Details
The call for applications 2023 is open until 1 March 2023 and focuses on “Borders, Contestation and Conflict”.
Projects based on extensive fieldwork based empirical research and theoretical reflection are eligible for support. Innovative and challenging research questions as well as comparative approaches are most welcome.
To be eligible for the Beyond Borders Scholarships for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must be PhD students.
- These scholarships are open to graduates of any university within or outside the ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius.
- Applicants who intend to enroll full-time for a doctorate (Ph.D.).
- Applicants who have started doctoral studies at ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius, Hamburg Germany.
Also apply: Victoria University of Wellington Thirl Drake Postgraduate Scholarship 2023
How to Apply: You can stop and save your online application at any time. To do this, enter the button “Temporarily save request” at the bottom. Online application form. Any changes will be automatically applied as soon as you press the “Continue Application” button. You can continue your application at any time. Username and password can be found and changed under “Login Data”. To continue your application later, please login with your username and password and click on the “Continue Application” button.
Please be careful while filling the application form. You should be especially careful not to exceed the 1,000 characters (including spaces) allotted for your thesis abstract. Information you provide about other applications will not affect the jury’s decision.
- A research proposal (maximum 7 pages for PhD Scholarship and Dissertation Scholarship applications and maximum 5 pages for candidates for Startup Scholarships, references are excluded)
- A research plan (maximum 2 pages) with time schedule
- Another CV
- A copy of your university degree
You can upload all documents at the end of online application. Documents in PDF format are required.
Two letters of reference from university professors must be submitted in electronic form. While filling the online application form please activate the button below the supervisor’s data. Your referral will automatically receive an email request with a referral link. Documents in PDF format are required for references. File size is limited to 5MB. Submissions should be limited to one document file.
Application Deadline: Not specified.